The hardest thing to do when you have gone camping, or on a long drive to mountains is to choose for the best food that you can make in these situations. Not anymore, with this list of easy camping meals you can easily kill your hunger by making these simple camping meals in breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even dessert for your family as well as your friends.
We have categorized in the parts of different camping ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts as well as you can teach kids to make these easy and cheap camping recipes with themselves. We have also included some healthy recipes for health-conscious people.
If you are planning to go camping in the car, then these easy and simple car camping meals for the family can be made on-the-go with the right ingredients and decent instructions, read the full article to make the plan for cooking easy camping food for yourself.
Camping Recipe Ideas For Breakfast
As we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of your day, learn to make simple camping meals yet nutritious enough when you are gone to camping or hiking then these would give you the proper energy to make it through your journey.
Scrambled Eggs Campfire
It is not possible not to add this recipe, as we are trying to teach you how to make easy camping meals for breakfast. Everyone can enjoy this campfire scrambled eggs at home as well as while going camping. It is very easy to make this camping food that kids can also make themselves without any trouble. As I am not going to tell you the number of ingredients while making this camping recipe as if you are trying to make this easy camping meal for large groups of people so you have to change the amount respectively.
- Stick Butter
- Take a saucepan, add butter.
- Quickly add egg whites with the yolk.
- Add a little bit of water, keep the saucepan on fire for 30 seconds then keep it off for about 15 seconds. Stir continuously.
- Repeat the process until your eggs are ready to serve.
Scrambled Eggs With Potato
If you are gone camping with the family, then these can be one of the easy camping meals that can be enjoyed with pure joy. This easy camping breakfast would serve up to four people.
- Potatoes (2, Diced)
- Eggs (8, Stirred)
- Onion (1, Chopped)
- Peppers (2, Chopped)
- The first step would be to take an iron pan and put on the fire, add 2 tablespoons of butter in it to melt.
- Add other onions, potatoes, peppers. If confused about how much potatoes to use, check how much potatoes to use in a pound?
- Cook this preparation for about 15-20 minutes on medium flame, check if onions and peppers are cooked afterward.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, add eggs. Then cover the lid of the iron pan and cook it for 5 minutes. You can add this recipe to the new camping lunch ideas list.
Cinnamon Rolls Toasted Over Campfire
If you have gone camping with kids then this recipe would be added to your list of easy camping meals for kids. It is the best recipe to make when you are hungry and want to make something quickly.
- A can of cinnamon rolls (Readymade)
- Roasting prongs
- Open the can of cinnamon rolls.
- Carefully insert these rolls into the prongs.
- Place your rollover campfire, don’t forget to rotate it after some time or the facing side would be burnt.
- It would take 5-15 minutes, as well as depending on the flame of a campfire.
- After that put it aside to let it cool, your cinnamon rolls are ready to eat.
Camping Recipe Ideas For Lunch
When you had a heavy breakfast in the morning then you would have to see a lighter meal for lunch. Go through this list of recipes for getting camping lunch ideas. You have to manage to make delicious lunch recipes with the minimum ingredients available on your hand.
New Kind Of Hotdog For Lunch
This easy camping meal will give you the old hot dogs with a new style that you are going to love it. If you are wondering, what is the difference between normal hotdog for lunch and this new kind of hotdog then you would be surprised that with below ingredients you can make some heap camping food for a large group of people with these instructions.
- Hot Dogs (8, Chopped)
- Onion (1, Chopped)
- Barbecue Sauce
- Buns Of Hot Dog (12, Gutted)
- Take a bowl, Add hot dogs, onion, 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, 8 ounces chili. Mix it well.
- Take all the buns of hot dogs, and lay it out on a platform.
- Then use this bowl of a mixture to fill the hot dog buns.
- Grill these over a campfire for 20 minutes or until it is ready to eat.
Wondering how much time brats take to boil? Check our guide on it.
Baked Boat Of Potato
If you are going camping and have some leftovers, this recipe is going to be awesome for you to serve a lot of people as well as kids. So in conclusion, you can turn leftovers into easy healthy camping meals to enjoy with family and friends.
- Potatoes (3, Baked)
- Strips Of Bacon (9, Cooked)
- Ham (Cooked)
- Stick Butter
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tin Foil
- First, to make this simple camping meal you have to cut between the baked potatoes and fill them with a small piece of bacon, gam, cheese. Repeat the process with other potatoes.
- Place these baked potatoes on a tin foil, put a little butter on all these baked filled potatoes.
- Seal tin foil, grill these potatoes over the grill for 15-20 minutes.
Caramelized Onions On Campfire
This is one of the most adequate camping lunch ideas that would be liked by everyone who came to camping. These caramelized onions would just melt in mouths. Moreover, People who didn’t like onions loved these to the depth. Let’s make it.
- Soup or Beef Broth
- Garlic Salt
- Tin Foil
- Place a grill over the campfire.
- Take an aluminum foil, place the onion wedges on the sheet.
- Put some butter onto it, then sprinkle garlic salt, pepper, beef broth.
- Gently fold the foil, open a small hole so that can cook perfectly.
- Cook these onion wedges until it becomes soft, it would mostly take 30-45 minutes to entirely cook.
Camping Recipe Ideas For Dinner
After a tiring day at camping or hiking, you would not want to waste your energy making time-consuming meals. Learn to make quick and easy camping dinners with limited ingredients possible.
Bubble & Squeak From England
Learn this easy camping dinner traditional recipe of England when you would be going camping to enjoy making with your friends. If you are finding cheap camping food to make while going camping then this would be it. This would be easiest to make healthy camping meals for dinner.
- Cabbage (1, Chopped)
- Potatoes (5, Sliced)
- Take a frying pan, place a layer of chopped cabbage, potatoes, sausage.
- Then repeat the process until your items are completely used.
- Add water to cook, it would take 20 minutes to cook all the ingredients.
Quesadillas On Campfire
Theses Delicious cheesy quesadillas would just fill your mouth with the smoky flavor of campfire and fill your soul with happiness in dinner. Let’s quickly get to the recipe of quesadillas.
- Tortillas (4, Medium)
- Chicken Breasts (2, Grilled & Sliced)
- Tostitos Salsa
- Black Beans (Rinsed & Drained)
- Mexican Cheese (Shredded)
- Tin Foil
- Take a tortilla, spread 1 tablespoon of salsa on one side.
- Add chicken on the part of salsa, sprinkle some black beans and cheese.
- Fold the other empty side of a tortilla to cover the tasty ingredients.
- Use a tin foil to cover the quesadilla, place this tin-foiled quesadilla directly on the campfire without closing.
- Keep it there until the cheese melts or tortillas are crispy.
- After that, remove quesadillas from tin foil and eat it.
Casserole Of Bacon, Beans, And Beef
This casserole recipe filled with nutritious ingredients is just perfect for dinner when you have gone camping in the winter. Read the below steps and learn to make this easy healthy camping meal on your own.
- Sauce (Barbecue Or Steak)
- Take a skillet, and grill up bacon in it on medium heat. Once it is prepared remove from the skillet and chop it nicely.
- It’s time to cook some beef, after that has been cooked, add the cooked chopped bacon, baked beans. Lastly, sauce to the skillet.
- Mix it well so all the ingredients would take the flavor of each item.
- After this preparation is done, take a crispy biscuit and layout this bacon, beans, and beef mixture on top of it.
- Then cook these filled biscuits for 10 minutes until it became golden brown.
Camping Recipe Ideas For Dessert
Every meal is incomplete without a dessert. Unfortunately, you can’t order any lavish dessert when you are camping. This list of recipes would be helpful to make easy and quick camping dessert meals to devour with your friends.
I know you can not make this dessert on a campfire but you can make this indoor s’ mores before going camping. It would hardly take 15 minutes to perfectly make this dessert that your family and friends going to devour.
- Chocolate Chips
- Graham Crackers
- Take a skillet, add these marshmallows (cut in half), and chocolate chips.
- Heat your over to 450 for some time.
- After your oven is up for the temperature, insert the skillet into the oven. Bake your preparation for 8 minutes.
- You can eat directly or use graham crackers for dipping into the dessert.
Feeling adventurous? Try making one of the prison recipes on your trip 😉
Boat Of Bananas
This is the simplest dessert recipe that anyone can make outdoors in a campfire. Use chocolate syrup or hot chocolate to make it extra savory for the people who have come with you for camping.
- Chocolate Chips
- Carefully slit bananas from the center but don’t cut all the way. Take marshmallows and chips, stuff these ingredients between bananas.
- Take tin foil, wrapped around these bananas, and cook it over a campfire for 10 minutes.
- After that, open tin foil and devour it with a spoon. One banana should be enough for 1 serving.
Upside Down Cake Of Pineapple
I suppose you would not taste or even heard about this recipe of cake. This is an uncomplicated recipe that even a kid can make it without any one’s help. Let’s get to the ingredients of this upside-down cake, also you can pour ice-cream as well as fresh cream on the top of this pineapple cake.
- Pineapple (Chunks)
- Poundcake (Cubes)
- Brown Sugar
- Cream Or Ice-Cream (Optional)
- Tin Foil
- Take a sheet of tin foil, spray some cooking spray on it. Then place some pineapple’s chunks on it.
- Sprinkel frozen cake cubes, butter, brown sugar onto the pineapple.
- Close the sheet of tin and cook on the campfire for about 15 minutes or until the sugar becomes brown.
Camping Recipe Ideas For Vegans
The most difficult thing is to cook for your vegan friends when you are out with them. Most of the time, they hesitate to go with others just because they are vegan and can’t enjoy their taste of food while camping. Don’t worry, we made a camping meal plan that includes these 2 delicious vegan recipes that you can cook as easy camping meals for large groups. Add these 2 recipes into the list of easy vegetarian camping meals.
Kabobs Of Vegetables
The specialty of these crunchy kabobs is that one can add any vegetables they want to add up extra flavor and taste of it.
- You can cut these vegetables at home and store them in a bag for later use.
- Take a skillet, add these vegetables, vinegar, salt, pepper and mix it well.
- Cook until it became ready to eat.
Many people don’t know that the procedure of making vegan pancakes is easier than making regular pancakes. One can use soymilk to make delicious these johnnycakes on the campfire.
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Take flour in one bowl, add baking powder and mix it well with a spoon. After mixing this batter well, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt to taste. Mix it again.
- Take another bowl, add 1 cup of soymilk, and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix this preparation well.
- Add the flour mixture into the bowl of soymilk and oil, mix it well.
- Now take a skillet and cook these pancakes over a campfire until these pancakes become light brown then flip on the other side to cook.
Camping Recipes For Kids
I think the most exciting one in your family is the kids when it comes to going camping. You can not keep them away from learning new things, but you should teach them to cook these easy camping meals for kids, this would teach them discipline and order. If you are afraid that your kids cook near a hot & dangerous campfire, then you should at least tell them to help you in doing little things like bringing ingredients from the car or just washing vegetables in water. However, if you are comfortable showing your kids, how to cook then use these 3 quick & easy recipes to teach them.
This is the easiest camping meal you can cook with kids. Read below to learn the recipe for orange cakes. Maybe, this recipe can become the tradition of your family.
- Cake Mix
- Tin Foil
- The first step would be to cut the tops off the oranges and get it out the fruit insides with the spoon. Fill the oranges with the cake mix and add a little fruit in between the cake mix.
- Cover the oranges in tin foil, place these oranges in coals of the campfire at low fire. You can enjoy the remaining insides of the fruit while the cakes are being ready to enjoy.
Spider Hot Dog
This recipe will taste just like the normal hot dog but the distinctive thing about these spider hot dogs is to make your camping diner experience extraordinary while entertaining little kids.
- Hot Dogs
- Take one hot dog, take a knife, and cut the hot dog in half from the tip. Turn that hot dog upside down and cut again.
- Put that special cut spider hot dog in the grill, while it gets ready the four cut parts would curl away, forming the shape of a spider.
- While it would taste the same, but it would entertain the kids while eating it.
Burrito For Breakfast
This recipe is just perfect when you are in need of a heavy breakfast.
Kill the hunger with lots of items in one burrito. Learn this easy camping recipe right away to savor with your friends and family members.
- Frozen Hash Browns
- Bacon (16 Ounces)
- Onion (1, Diced)
- Pepper (1, Diced)
- Eggs (12)
- Shredded Cheese (2 cups)
- Wraps (6)
- Iron Pan
- First of all, start this recipe by cooking bacon until it’s done. Remove the bacon afterward but keep the remaining grease.
- Add hash browns in the gravy, cook it until it becomes brown.
- Take a pan, add potatoes in it. Cook it both sides until it became golden brown on both sides.
- Then add chopped peppers, onions, cook it for 5 minutes.
- After that add bacon into the iron pan, then add eggs and mix it well.
- Lastly, add cheese on top and close the lid to cook nicely.
- Warm wraps in the heat, don’t heat them indirect fire. In that time your eggs would be ready to fill up in wraps.
- Take a wrap to add this mixture of vegetables and eggs in it. You can also add salsa sauce and hot sauce from the above as per your taste.
We hope that this list of easy camping meals for the family would just make your camping days memorable. Tell us if you have any camping lunch ideas in the comment section below. Let us know if you have any unanswered questions in the comment section.