Most of the people mix knowing two good but different things like Folate and Folic acid. While the name of both is quite similar but the functions of folic acid and folate are different. However, you probably heard of usages folic acid tablets in pregnant women. Have you ever heard that folic acid for men can also benefit the body? This article provides you the details of how folic acid benefits for men, its function, side effects, and dosage.
What Is Folic Acid?
Folic acid is the synthetic form of folate that is water-based Vitamin B. It’s been approved by the Food and Drug Administration so if you are taking it in tablet forms, don’t worry it’s 100% legal to consume folic acid tablets. It is generally directly added to some food items to keep up a high level of folate in your body.
What Is Folate?
Whereas folic acid is an artificial form, Folate is the natural form of vitamin B9. You would easily find this folate vitamin in green leafs vegetables like Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, Spinach, Lettuce, and more. The name itself means “Leaf” that comes from the Latin word “Folium.”
Difference Between Folate Vs Folic Acid
- The main difference is that Folate is the natural form whereas folic acid is man-made form.
- A high level of folate wouldn’t damage your body but a high level of unmetabolized folic acid can cause some serious problems in the long run.
- In the end, you should not use folic acid tablets unless you need to. As many people get the proper amount of folate just by eating their regular meals. Moreover, you should try to include vegetables that contain a high level of folate in it.
Is Folic Acid Good For Men?
- It helps body parts to work properly by giving them the necessary vitamins.
- It helps your body to make new red cells, that carry oxygen to transfer through your whole body. The person who lacks folic acid can anemia state that leads to fatigue, and then weakness in the body.
- Pregnant women need more folate than any person, the deficiency of folate can cause a problem for her and also for the newborn.
- It can solve problems like loss of appetite in men, diarrhea, shortness of breath, proper brain functioning, and more.
Moreover, the FDA made compulsory for some food items like cereals, flour, pasta, bakery items, cookies, and crackers, and more to include a certain amount of Folic acid in it for supplementary daily life Vitamins in Americans. Now, the questions arise, “what does folic acid do for men?”. Below is the list of benefits of folic acid for men, that would probably explain to you about the use of folic acid in the human body.
Benefits And Uses Of Folic Acid For Men
Let’s look at some folic acid functions and benefits for men:
Helps In Depression:
Some studies show that the people who lack folate in their body can lead to depression which is not good for either men or women. Folic acid tablets and dietary supplements help these people to get out of the depression.
Decreases The Chance Of Autism:
The chances of autism higher in the child if their mother lack folate during pregnancy. That is one of the many reasons pregnant women do take extra folic acid supplements during this laborious period in their life.
Helps In Rheumatoid Arthritis:
Doctors do recommend eating folic acid tablets and supplements for the person who has arthritis. Studies show that folic acid tablet benefits their tough condition with the medication of arthritis.
Keeps Heart Healthy:
Overall, it helps the body to keep it healthy just like folate does. This medicine lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease, that’s why folic acid good for men. Folic acid benefits heart patients who likely to get a stroke. It also helps to keep your blood pressure lower, when taken with blood pressure medicine.
Treating Kidney Disease’s Patients:
A high level of homocysteine can cause damage to your kidneys.
Whereas, folic acid tablet benefits to lower this dangerous high levels in people.
Get Rid Of Vomiting & Nausea:
While in the treatment of methotrexate, one can feel the effects of vomiting as well as nausea. Well, you can get rid of by taking a certain amount of dosage of folic acid tablets.
Aids Eye Disease:
Regular usage of folic acid with other vitamins like B6 and B12 can easily reduce the risk of eye diseases and adult-age vision loss.
Aid Infertility In Men:
Male Fertility and Folic acid are somehow connected. Some studies show that the male who has a high level of folate in the body don’t have to worry about sperm abnormalities. Because folate helps to build up new blood cells, as if one lacks in the folate then the body can not make DNA. So men must get more knowledge about folic acid tablets uses.
Also read : How to cure dehydration?
Side Effects Of Folic Acid For Men
- It increases the risk of cancer if folic acid is used for a longer period.
- Studies show that if this folic acid took with B6 medicine, then it can increase the rate of heart diseases in the human body.
- A high dosage of folic acid can worsen the situation for people who has a seizure disorder.
- It can sauce problems in nausea, confusion in men, sleep problems, and more.
These side effects of folic acid lead us to the question that needs to be answered on folic acid for men dosage.
Right Dosage Of Folic Acid For Men
Most people get enough amount of folate in their bodies with their diet. Although, when we talk about folic acid for men, we need to consider and analyze what is the right folic acid for men dosage to help with these above side effects.
- Men (19 years+): 400 mcg
We hope that this article on folic acid for men will help you in knowing the benefits of folic acid, its dosage and side effects, and the use of folic acid in the human body. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.