The first thing that comes to everyone’s mind is to choose the best make ahead camping meals while going camping or hiking trips. It can be frustrating to pick from a lot of premade meal ideas for a camping trip that are present on the internet.
That’s when we decided to create an ultimate guide for choosing easy and healthy camping recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks in foil packets. You can include some of these prepare ahead meals to try out when you are going on a trip soon. You can have these meals on your Recreation Vehicle (RV) too.
Make Ahead Meal Ideas For Breakfast
The most essential meal when you are gone out with your family is breakfast. Because without this, you are not getting the energy for all-day for camping or hiking. You would probably feel tedious if you haven’t eaten any healthy camping meals. Hence, we’ve added these three make ahead camping breakfast meals to give you the essentials nutrition and energy to start the day quickly.
The recipe of premade oats serves the purpose of making the premade meal before going out anywhere. Moreover, you don’t need to light up fire because you can eat cold also out of the jar.
- Greek Yogurt
- Maple Syrup
- Chia Seeds
- Vanilla Extract
- Any Fruits, Chocolates (Optional)
- Take a bowl, and start mixing all the ingredients in it with your favorite fruits and chocolates.
- Fill that in a jar, put the jar in the fridge overnight.
- It’s ready to pack up for your camping trip, as it can be good for 5 days.
When you want to eat something tasty, yummy, and spicy in breakfast then you can choose this recipe from the list of make ahead camping meals. As it can provide you with explosions of taste because of variations of ingredients in the burrito.
- Eggs (Scrambled)
- Black Beans
- Hash Brown
- Cilantro (Optional: Basil)
- Sour Cream
- Packaged Tortillas
- Take a deep skillet, add some olive oil on it.
- Then add all the ingredients based on your taste, and like to the skillet. Cook it for some time.
- Your stuffing is ready, it’s time for tortillas. Stuff the mixture of the stuffing inside tortillas.
- Take a foil, and cover the tortillas with it.
- Now, when you are hungry while going camping, heat them near the coals and enjoy the delicious breakfast.
Premade Apple Pie
This premade recipe is a no-bake apple pie recipe, so you won’t need to bake the things and in the end, the recipe would be ready in no time for you to pack before going out.
- Milk Powder
- Apple (Chopped)
- Take a zip-lock bag, add 1 cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of milk powder, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
- Now, when you feel hungry at the camping trip, add chopped apple and water. Transfer the mixture in the bowl and set aside for at least 3 hours. Make-ahead pie is ready to fill your stomach.
Make-Ahead Meal Ideas For Lunch
People always think that it’s impossible to have delicious meals when you are gone to camping but it is not true. If you are having the same mindset as this then it’s time to teach you how to make healthy camping meals for lunch yet delicious in taste.
Prepare Ahead Pasta Salad
Salad is the savory dish that keeps your mind fresh and bodies healthy. So, when you are gone out to hiking, camping, it’s necessary to eat the fresh salad to keep your mind sound with the help of vitamins.
- Any Pasta (Boiled)
- Cucumber (Chopped)
- Bell Peppers (Diced)
- Cherry Tomatoes (Halves)
- Feta Cheese (Crumbled)
- Basil (Chopped)
- Mix 2 cups of boiled pasta, 3 diced bell peppers, 1 chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes in a large bowl. Stir well so the ingredients get mixed easily.
- Add 1 cup of crumbled cheese, with 1/3 cup of chopped basil into the mixture, and refrigerate after adding salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Your premade salad is ready for a camping trip.
Precooked Mexican Coleslaw
There are people present who like to eat spicy food all the time, they don’t care about the location, just want to fill the stomach up with the spicy food. This easy make ahead camping meal idea is for those kinds of people.
- Red, Green Cabbage (Sliced)
- Mango (Peeled, Sliced)
- Red Onion (Sliced)
- Cilantro (Chopped)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Pepper Flakes
- Take a large bowl, mix 1 cup of each sliced cabbages, 1 sliced onion, 1 sliced mango, 1/2 cup of cilantro chopped.
- Take another bowl for mixing 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, 1 teaspoon pepper flakes. Mix it well after season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the wet ingredients in the bowl of dry ingredients.
- You can transfer the bowl to a container for refrigerating.
Precooked Mini Quiches
This is the type of easy make ahead camping meals that you can experiment on your own with different vegetables and ingredients. This prepare ahead meal can be the best option for you when you just want to have a quick bite.
- Onions (Chopped)
- Peppers (Diced)
- Broccoli (Diced)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Take a frying pan, add water to steam the vegetables.
- You can preheat the oven to 400 F while vegetables are boiling.
- The filling is the vegetables, so fill the muffin plate with vegetables.
- Take a bowl, mix eggs after adding salt and pepper. Then top up this mixture into molds.
- Bake the whole thing for 15 minutes and your little lunch treats are ready to pack.
Want a perfect sauce to go with meals like these? Check out our bacon aioli recipe.
Make-Ahead Meal Ideas For Dinner
After a long tiring day at camping or hiking, you need to have a wholesome dinner to fill up the burnt energy of your body. Here is a list of three premade meal ideas for a camping trip for especially to try out in dinner.
This camping meal is an ideal option if you have gone with the family. This adds up magic element to the whole exciting day of your camp. As this can be pre-made and can be stored in the fridge to eat it afterward.
- Ground Beef
- Onion (Chopped)
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomatoes (Diced)
- Chili Powder
- Kidney Beans
- You can start the entire process of making chili by cooking beef in a skillet. After that add 1 chopped onion, and cook it for some time.
- Then add 1 cup of kidney beans, 1 diced tomatoes, 1 can of tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons of chili powder, salt in the skillet. Cook it for about 20-25 minutes on low heat.
- After that, you can transfer that hot chili in the containers to put it in the fridge. As you can heat it afterward in a campfire.
Whether you are searching for any make ahead camping meals, it needs to be nutritious enough for your body. Don’t worry, we have a perfect packaged healthy camping meal for you and your family members.
- Roasted Chicken (Cooked, Shredded)
- Chorizo (Cooked, Cut Small Chunks)
- Cherry Tomatoes (Whole)
- Onion (Chopped)
- Garlic (Minced)
- Grain Rice (Cooked)
- Chicken Broth
- Take a bowl, mix all the cooked ingredients.
- Cook all the uncooked ingredients in a deep skillet for some time.
- Mix both preparations in a large bowl, and store it in containers.
- Now, when you are hungry, you can place some of the recipes in tin foil and re-heat with the campfire.
Premade Beef Stew
This recipe is a slow-cooked meal for the people who like to eat dense and healthy camping meals. Cook this make-ahead meal for ending the wholesome day with the right and salutary way.
- Carrots (Sliced)
- Red Potatoes (Cubed)
- Bay Leaf
- Beef Stew (Cubed)
- Packaged Peas
- Tomato Sauce
- Readymade Mushroom Soup
- Packaged Onion Soup Mix
- Add cubes of beef in a slow cooker pot, then add 4 sliced carrots, 2 red cubed potatoes, 1 bay leaf.
- Take another bowl for mixing 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 pack of peas, 2 cans of cream mushroom soup, and 1 pack of onion soup mix.
- Add the mixture of soups into the slow cooker for cooking around 8-9 hours.
- After that, you can store this in a zip-lock bag to refrigerate it for after re-heating in a camping trip.
Make-Ahead Meal Ideas For Dessert
Now, it’s time to list all the sweet-savory items that you can add in the list of premade dessert ideas for a camping trip. I think you can agree that Every meal is incomplete without having a perfect dessert.
Everyone knows that one can enjoy eating ice-creams when went to camping but what about cones?. We added this dessert recipe for kids and people who likes to eat crispy items with delicious flavor in it. As it can not replicate the taste of ice cream but something is better than nothing.
- Ice Cream Cones
- Filling As Per Your Choice (Chocolate Chips, Chopped Nuts, Coconut, Peanut Butter, Nutella, and More.)
- You can either ready the cones with filling at your home, or camp. If you are making these cones at home then don’t forget to wrap with foil.
- Use the campfire to put these tin foiled cones to cook until filling melts. Your chocolaty hot cones are ready to devour.
Packaged Pineapple Cake (Upside Down)
This cake is going to surprise your friends and family members who came with you on the trip as it does contain the special element of deliciousness with an upside-down factor.
- Pound Cake (Cubed)
- Pineapple (Chunks)
- Toppings (As Per Your Choice)
- Ready yourself with tinfoils to put some chunks of pineapple pieces.
- After that fill tin foils to cubed pound cakes and don’t forget to add sugar and butter in it.
- Pack these packets of tin foils and store it in the fridge to set.
- You can place these packets on a grill to cook for 20-30 minutes, once the butter is melted you can enjoy this upside-down cake with added your choice of toppings to enhance the taste of it.
Precooked ‘Smores Rice Krispies
The dessert recipe that you can eat directly after pre-cooking it at home. You don’t have to do anything, just open the container to have this healthy camping dessert meal.
- Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Rice Cereal
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then prepare a baking dish, with layered graham crackers on tin foil.
- Now, time to cook somethings. Take a saucepan, add 6 tablespoons of butter in it with 1/4 cup of sugar. Once the butter is melted, spread the mixture on crackers.
- Bake the crackers for 7-10 minutes. Take it outside, put 1/2 cup of chocolates’ splits on the crackers. and bake again until chocolate melts.
- While crackers are baking, Melt another 2 tablespoons of butter with added 1 cup of marshmallows, and 3 cups of rice cereal on medium heat. Stir it well.
- Check the crackers, put this marshmallow mixture on the top of crackers, and press it with a spatula. Place the crackers into the fridge to set.
- Then you can store the crackers in the container for later usage.
Make-Ahead Meal Ideas For Snacks
The situation can hinder yourself when you are hungry and are craving to eat snacks to fill up the stomach. Well, we have here a list of healthy snacks for camping trips to give you enough energy for the rest of the day.
Trail Mix Nuts
This fitting snack for the people who like to hike a lot. This is best and easy to make, this snack is probably it with various items and ingredients. Below are some of the best combinations you can try when you are craving a healthy snack.
- A mixture of raisins, peanuts, and m&m’s.
- A mixture of Nuts (almonds/pecans/walnuts), seeds (pumpkin/sunflower), chili powder, ground cumin, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- A mixture of Dark chocolate, coconut flakes, peanuts, raisins, banana chips.
Precooked Garlic Bread
Try to prepare ahead meal for pull-apart cheesy bread while gone to camping. The simplest recipe that anyone can make without much hassle of using different ingredients.
- Garlic Butter (Melted)
- Cheese (Grated)
- Take a slice of bread, and add 3 tablespoons of garlic butter and cheese. You can cut the sides of it if you want.
- Repeat the process to make more slices of bread, then pack it up in foil.
- Now, when you have gone camping or road-trip, you can easily cook these slices of bread on a campfire grill.
Now, it’s the dip that you can prepare to have as a side dish with any make ahead recipes for camping or eat this savory dip with corn chips.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Cloves
- Chickpeas (Drained, Rinsed)
- Add 2 tablespoons of tahini, 1 can of chickpeas, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, and paprika in a food processor. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Add this smooth batter into an airtight plastic container to refrigerate in the fridge.
Also, check out our other guide on easy camping meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This concludes our ultimate guide to make ahead camping meals to try out when you have gone camping with your friends and family. We hope that these prepare ahead meals help you to enhance your trip with memorable moments with your loved ones. Do tell us which recipes you ended up making? Don’t hesitate to ask any unanswered questions in the comment section below.