What should be the internal temperature for meatloaf when it’s done? Many doubts are there regarding meatloaf internal temperature (some people call it temp) when it’s perfectly cooked and safe to be eaten.
Let me tell you, there are ways that you can easily make the whole recipe of meatloaf worse, and easily ruin the flavor, texture, tenderness of it. Don’t worry, without the proper guidance anyone can mess up the procedure of making the meatloaf.
That’s when we decided to give you the proper recipe, tips, and some other details about meatloaf internal temperature and its recipe. The first part is most important when you are trying to cook the best meatloaf at home. People usually confuse about meatloaf doneness temperature, that’s when everything gets messy about it.
What Should The Internal Temperature Of Cooked Meatloaf?
The thing about this is that many people have various opinions on at what temp is meatloaf done. So, I will not give you any mixed signals about it, just give you a simple and straightforward answer on this topic.
- If the cooked meat displays the internal temperature on a thermometer 160 degrees Fahrenheit, then you can simply state that the meat is done cooking and ready to serve.
Homemade Meatloaf Recipe
Let’s start with the recipe first, so you get the idea about how to make the perfect meatloaf.
- Garlic (Minced)
- Onion (Minced)
- Ground Beef (2 Pounds, Extra-Lean)
- Black Pepper (Ground)
- Bread (3 Slices, Toasted, Crumbled)
- Buttery Round Crackers (7 Eaches, Crushed)
- Egg (1, Beaten)
- Sour Cream
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 F.
- Take a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of butter for melting. Then add 1/4 cup of minced onion, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and cook it for 5-10 minutes or until onions are tender. Afterward, take it out from the skillet, and put it in a bowl, sprinkle some salt and black pepper on top of it.
- Take a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbled, crackers, 1 beaten egg, 3 1/2 tablespoons of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 can of tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons of ketchup, and onion, garlic from the other bowl.
- Try adding 1 tablespoon of milk in the mixture, then stir it nicely. We have to make the mixture moist, not soggy.
- Transfer this whole batter in the 5×9 inch loaf pan. Then bake it for about 40-45 minutes.
- After that, you have to increase the temperature so the meatloaf gets done from the internal side. Bake it more for 15 minutes.
- So, this is an important step for the people asking about meatloaf doneness temperature. Check if the internal temperature of the cooked meatloaf is 160 F.
- You can pour the remaining tomato sauce on the meatloaf and then bake for another 10-15 minutes to get the juice meatloaf.
Now, that we completed with the recipe of meatloaf. Now, it’s time to give you some tips on how to make the perfectly moist meatloaf.
Check out our guide on cooking London broil in the oven at 350 F.
Tips Of Making Perfect Moist Meatloaf
- The more the meat has fat, the juicer it would make. The fat itself would liquefy during the baking and makes the meatloaf more juicer.
- Use as many vegetables as you can including onions, carrots, celery, peppers, summer squash, and more. Before adding, you can saute them in the olive oil to enhance the flavor of it.
- As the binding element, you can easily use the breadcrumbs. As a matter of fact, when using the leaner cut of the meat, you should soak these breadcrumbs in the milk or stock before adding into the meatloaf recipe.
- People tend to think if they mix ingredients nicely, the dish would automatically turn out to be great but they overmix it every time. That’s what you have to avoid during making any recipe whatsoever.
- Safe internal temperature for meatloaf and timing plays a vital role while preparing it in the oven. As many food experts think high temperatures can dry out the meat. That’s why I suggest you, slow cook the meat to get the best flavor out of it.
- The last point is about checking the meatloaf internal temperature with the digital thermometer. It’s a must cooking essential tool for checking when the meat is done.
We hope that this article solves your questions about meatloaf internal temperature and its recipe. If you liked this and want many more recipes, share this with your friends. Ask us your questions and share your cooking experiences in the comment section below.