Who doesn’t love to eat pies? Especially, when it is in rich flavor contains peanut butter. You can spill some hot chocolate fudge on it to make it extra delicious and tasty to eat. If you haven’t eaten old fashioned peanut butter pie then it’s time to learn this recipe of peanut butter pie by baking and also no-bake and make it yourself. This fluffy pie is easy to make and would need minimum ingredients to ready the whole pie.
Now, there are two options either you can make your own pie-crust, or you could choose to use the readymade frozen pie crust. By the way, the crust won’t matter for the flavor and texture of this pie but if you are willing to go all the way for making pie, then follow these below steps to make peanut butter pie crust:
How to make Homemade Peanut Butter Pie-Crust?
Don’t be scared if you are making this homemade pie-crust for the first time. Just go all with the step-by-step to make this amazing flaky pie crust.
- 2 cups of flour (approx 300g)
- 1 cup of cold, cut into small cubes butter (200g)
- 1/2 cup chilled water with an ice cube (120ml)
- White Vinegar
- Pastry Cutter
- Sharp Knife
- Bowl For Mixing
- Take a cup and drop an ice-cube into that, add 1/2 cup of cold water with 2 teaspoons of white vinegar. Set aside that cup for use later.
- Take a medium-sized bowl, add flour and butter, mix it well with a fork.
- Pour some water into the mixture, don’t add too much just a few tablespoons at a time. Mix it well with a fork until you get the right texture for the crust.
- Now, it’s time to get your hands dirty. Use it to bring the crust dough in the mixing bowl.
- Divide the whole dough into parts and set aside to chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Hurray, your homemade crust is ready to make old fashioned baked peanut butter pie.
Make Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
See, how it is easy to make a homemade crust with clear instructions. However, if you are feeling to make old fashioned peanut butter pie no-bake, then you should consider using a pre-made 9″ pie crust. Follow this step by step guide to make this fluffy pie:
- Peanut Butter
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Cheese Cream
- Toppings, as per your choice
- Pie Crust (Homemade Crust Or Pre-made Crust)
- Use the blind bake method to bake your pie completely, then let it cool for some time.
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream and whip it until it became stiff. Set aside after mixing.
- Take another medium-sized mixing bowl, add cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar. Use an electric mixer to mix until it became creamy.
- Carefully, add half of the mixture of heavy cream into the peanut butter batter.
- Fold all this mixture into as the filling of the pie crust, smooth the top with a sharp knife. Add toppings as per your choice. Although, I would suggest you try making peanut butter pie with meringue topping on it.
- Put this old-fashioned peanut butter pie to set in the refrigerator for 3-3.5 hours.
Also check out peanut butter balls with rice krispies recipe.
We hope that this peanut butter pie recipe helped you to answer your questions about how to make old fashioned peanut butter pie easily. Feel free to ask more queries in the comment section below. Share this article on social media to make people aware of how easy it is to make this delicious dessert in a jiff.